Friday 25 October 2013

Study?

I am just ranting, why am I using most of my time studying things that are mostly useless in the real working world?
I just wish there is a system where the education teaches me how to be an entrepreneur or investor at young age, OR how to suit into the system of a big company.

I am just wondering. Of course, I spent 12 hours a day last year studying and it pays off with a full scholarship! Praise the Lord, he sustained me and made the impossible, possible, by his grace and mercy and his exceedingly abundant love.

Just a simple question from an innocent 18 year old: why am I studying these subjects which are not related to work? Is this obviously a waste of time and resources?  Why not teach us some soft skills and train us to be leaders instead? I am pretty sure at least 50% of what I studied in University is not applicable in my future job.

Just like in SPM, honestly I remember minimal things due to lack of application. But what I do pick up in the process is time management and discipline. But is all these soft skills justify the huge amount of time, energy, and money spent on formal education?

No comments:

Post a Comment